Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eliza's View of Art

What is Good Art?
Federigo Gonzaga (1500–1540), 1510
Francesco Francia (Francesco di Marco di Giacomo Raibolini) (Italian, Bolognese, active by 1482, died 1517/18)
Tempera on wood, transferred from wood to canvas and then again to wood
In my opinion good art is the type of art that is admirable. In which the viewer can relate to and ask many questions about it. Through painting you can even infer the emotion of the author while creating his piece of art. Good art portrays a lot of effort and creativity. A good place to observe some good art would be in the museums. The Metropolitan Museum of Art has a lot of fascinating paintings and one of my favorites is a renaissance painting by Federigo Gonzaga. Its the painting above and I like it because it seems very realistic.

What is bad art?
800 × 461 - Some of the work echoed the paintings of Terry Frost and Victor Passmore.

 In my opinion there is no such thing as bad art, but if I must say then it would be the type that doesn't catch a viewers attention. The art that seems to have no effort being put to it. In some museum I see some pieces that I could of done myself and even better. I don't like to judge but I'm just saying. Every artist has their own type of creativity and people view things differently. What can be beautiful to them may not be beautiful to others. To me simple art would be bad art.

No comments:

Post a Comment