Friday, May 25, 2012

Chelsea Galleries Reaction

   The artworks in Chelsea gallery were one of a kind. I wonder how much each of the pieces of art cost. To be an art collector, I think you must have a lot of money depending on how much the art cost. I don’t think the artworks should be sold to make profit, because everyone should have a chance to view them. There are hundreds of galleries in Chelsea and anyone who likes art should visit them in the west side of Manhattan.

   The artwork that I disliked was from the Gagosian gallery. I found this artist type of work more simple than the rest. It was all in black and white and images that didn’t call my attention. I also don’t like seeing nude pictures of people, it makes me very uncomfortable. One of the artworks was the “Allen Ginsberg and Peter Orlovsky”, which I don’t find to be a good investment. I mean who would buy a picture of two naked guys and collect it.  The other artwork in this gallery was the “Andy Warhol and members of The Factory”. I disliked these artworks but I suppose there is a lot of other other people that like them and use them as collections, for them to be in a gallery. Personally I would keep this artwork in storage because I don’t think it would be a good investment.
  On the other hand the artworks that I liked were from the artist Ernesto Neto. The works of art were the Island bird and Labor from the Tania Bonakdar Gallery  I found his artworks to be very attractive and profitable. I would buy the Island bird for my self but I bet it cost a lot of money and many art collectors are ready to buy it. It looks like a huge house for birds. People and children can get in it and play or even lay down and relax. I  also like the artwork Labor because its like a small office where people can go sit down and it has a nice surrounding. What calls my attention the most about this artist is the colors he uses, I find them very cute and playful. All of his artworks are beautiful and I would put them on display.

   I would have never thought of going to Chelsea to see all these galleries and I’m glad I experienced the chance to do so. There are many people who should get a chance to view all these artworks and who  knows might even want to invest in buying one just like I do. There are many beautiful artworks and others that I didn’t like as much. I plan on going there again with my uncle who is also and artist because he said he was planning on showing his own collection.

Ernesto Neto: Slow iis good
 "Labor."
 2012.
Tania Bonakdar Gallery 

Ernesto Neto: Slow iis good
"The Island Bird."
 2012.
Tania Bonakdar Gallery 

Andy Warhol and members of The Factory”.
Richard Avedon Foundation
1969
Gagosian gallery

Allen Ginsberg and Peter Orlovsky
Richard Avedon Foundation
1963
Gagosian gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment